Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OFFICial Inspiration...



So I know the protocol since being in my new home for about 6 months is to fix every room in the house besides the man's room. So now that the wife and I have tackled the living, dining, guest room and kitchen I guess that MY two rooms, the office and the landscaping are getting their turn in the spotlight. I'm obsessed with resouces as I mention often so my subscriptions to blogs and magazines serve as excellent inspirational material for my office that may last as long as a baby will let stay in his/her future nursery. So in the mean time my favorite piece of the office and main staple is a vintage library table with a single drawer that I was able to score off of my Mother in Law. I really need to stain the desk but the basis is for it to sit in the center of the room like the above pictured desk. I can't seem to find what is deemed a "printer desk which is a slim rectangular table to hold my computer screen printer. It would sit behind the center desk, and on each side I am seeking out bookcases on each end. I can't decide if I prefer the ladder type or the traditional case. I really am in the energy of having an office setup that allows me to not have my back facing the door and a space that you can walk around in with no closed off spaces. Maybe its fung shway, not sure but it creates positive energy for me. I'm going for the modern deco luxury look. Very pretentious, yes but this may be my last time before buying a bigger house or soon enough losing my room to a new baby where I have a chance to enjoy the space. Etsy.com has tons of desk accessories that are vintage modern and are affordable so I constantly check it. I hate cliche' things so everything I buy as I get older is an expression of being different. Being different and owning things that have meaning to me are a must, and really give a room or collection ownership and portray an extension of self. Etsy is a great place for ideas.It's all about the resources for me. I found a great desk lamp at Home Goods that has a vintage modern vibe I really dig. Not quite as regal as the black one pictured in L.A. Reids office above. L.A. Reid is the music executive behind Usher, Justin Beiber, Diddy and many more and when GQ magazine did a spread on his office I knew exactly what I was looking for in an office. The desk accessories and everything all exude a man who has alot more going on in his life than just work. A man of many passions is a man that lives life to the beat of his own drum and the resources to enjoy what life has to offer. That's what eventually I want to exude. So far I have a lamp and an old library desk, I'm looking forward to extending myself through the rest of the work in progress that is the home office.




LINK:  Mad Men Office by Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment